Continuing Education at Presence
At Presence we value professional development and offer courses to clinicians in the Presence provider community to continue their education. On this page you will find the Presence continuing education FAQs, policies, and details on the accreditation organizations that allow us to offer continuing education credits to licensed clinicians. We invite you to review the courses we offer to support our professional learning community.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I prepare for a continuing education course?
- Review course details.
- Note any special skills required for the course.
- Check your timezone.
- Take notice of course completion criteria and due dates.
- What are the expectations and etiquette of attending a live, interactive, online course?
- Join the meeting a few minutes before the scheduled start time and plan to attend the entire live online session.
- Use your laptop or home computer to join the course rather than a mobile phone or tablet. This will allow you to participate in the interactive sections of the course.
- Participate in all engagement activities using chat, whiteboard, or other interactive features.
- Check your screen name to ensure it is your professional name.
- How can I get credit for attending a course?
- Select a course from the catalog with the AOTA, ASHA, or NASP logo.
- Check with your state to ensure licensure requirements will be met.
- After completing the course, download your course certificate and save for your records.
- Cancellation Policy
Continuing education courses are offered at no cost to Presence providers. In the event a course is canceled, the participants will have the option to attend a rescheduled course offered within 60 days of the canceled course.
Please note: Participants who register for live courses but do not attend or cancel with less than 24 hours notice may have future course registration restricted after three documented incidents.
- Accessibility Policy
Our courses are intended to be accessible by addressing the needs of not only people with mobility impairments, but also those with sensory impairments (i.e., hearing, speech, vision), and emotional or learning disabilities. Available accommodations include but are not limited to Closed Captioning, color contrast, transcription of auditory and visual information, as well as adjustable font sizes. Please contact the Continuing Education team at [email protected] to request additional accommodations.
- Complaint Policy
Any course concerns should be directed to Maureen Dykinga, CE Program Manager, at [email protected] within two weeks of course completion.
- Speech-Language Pathologists
Presence is an American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) approved CE provider. For detailed CE information, select a course with the ASHA logo in our course catalog.
Speech-language pathology continuing education licensure requirements vary greatly from state to state. Clinicians should independently verify if this learning event meets their state licensure requirements for continuing education/professional development.
- Occupational Therapists
Presence is an American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) Approved Provider of professional development. For detailed CE information, select a course with the AOTA imprimatur in our course catalog.
Occupational Therapy continuing education licensure requirements vary greatly from state to state. Clinicians should independently verify if this learning event meets their state/licensure requirements for continuing education/professional development.
- School Psychologists
Presence is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) to offer continuing professional development for school psychologists. Presence maintains responsibility for the program. For detailed CPD information, select a course with the NASP logo in our course catalog.
School Psychology continuing education licensure requirements vary greatly from state to state. Clinicians should independently verify if this learning event meets their state/licensure requirements for continuing education/professional development.
- Mental and Behavioral Health Professionals, Physical Therapists, Adapted Physical Education (APE) Specialists, Educational Diagnosticians, and Others
Continuing education/professional development requirements vary greatly from state to state and across licensure areas. Clinicians should independently verify if this learning event meets their state licensure requirements for continuing education or professional development.